While many professionals feel unchallenged and underutilized in their current position, Vaughn Miller of Dallas, TX, has always experienced a career of growth and promotion. At the age of 51, Vaughn Miller is the president and CEO of VCM Development Group, which provides commercial real estate services for the greater region. Ever since entering the industry in 1986, Vaughn Miller of Dallas quickly climbed the ladder and achieved positions of executive leadership. How can others do this? Simple:
- Talk to your boss. One of the most unique aspects of his career is the fact that Vaughn Miller had the opportunity to work with his father Vance C. Miller, who himself was a Dallas real estate legend. By interacting with his father, Vaughn Miller was able to grow as a real estate professional and prove his skill set and ability to learn and acquire new skills. Likewise, professionals should always cultivate a strong relationship with their leaders.
- Ask for more. There are always opportunities for more work and responsibilities, and if there aren’t, then ask for some. This is the quickest and most effective way to prove your dedication to the company. This is the strategy that Vaughn Miller of Dallas employed when he first joined the industry, and his was quickly promoted to Vice President and headed the commercial brokerage operations.
- Sharpen your people skills. In the business world, there’s a saying that “your net worth is only as great as your network,” and this is particularly true in real estate. To boost his people skills, Vaughn Miller of Dallas joined many trade organizations such as the National Association of Realtors and the International Council of shopping Centers. By joining associations specific to your trade, you have the opportunity to network with other professionals who can later boost your business through referrals or other unexpected means. Furthermore, these trade associations keep you up to date with the latest trends in your industry.
By following these examples that real estate mogul Vaughn Miller of Dallas, TX, has set, you’ll be on your way to growing your career!
At the age of 51, Vaughn Miller of Dallas, TX, balances multiple responsibilities. As the president and CEO of VCM Development Group, Vaughn Miller is in charge of running one of the largest commercial real estate firms in the region. Vaughn Miller of Dallas has worked on major projects including Little Elm Towne Crossing, Pepper Square Shopping Center, and Valley View Market, all of which are in North Dallas.
Aside from his professional endeavors in real estate, however, Vaughn Miller of Dallas is also known for his philanthropic organization. Vaughn Miller and his wife founded the Prestonwood Polo Foundation to raise money through Polo sporting events for charitable causes. The money has been used to fund organizations such as Family Gateway, Project Transformation, and Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer.
While both these responsibilities take a lot of Vaughn Miller’s time, he’s able to balance everything together. “It’s all about priority,” says Vaughn Miller of Dallas. “When you’re able to prioritize what’s important in your life, it’s so much easier to find the energy and time to fulfill all of your responsibilities.”
To balance both his professional leadership with VCM Development Group alongside his philanthropic leadership, Vaughn Miller of Dallas ensures that he’s focused on all his tasks. “Once you prioritize, you have to work on efficiency. Being more efficient or productive with your time in one area of your real really pays off in another,” says Vaughn Miller of Dallas.
Furthermore, Vaughn Miller’s authentic dedication to philanthropy and helping others is a way of life that was developed during his years as an Eagle Scout. As a real estate professional, Vaughn Miller of Dallas is dedicated to helping people accomplish their needs. “When helping others is the way you live, it’s easy to balance it in everything you do,” says Vaughn Miller.
Through the Prestonwood Polo Foundation that he founded with his wife, Vaughn Miller of Dallas, TX, is able to raise funds to support charities such as Project Transformation, Family Gateway, and Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer. Through numerous Polo sporting events throughout the year, Vaughn Miller and his wife are able to raise money through these organizations. What makes these organizations unique is their dedication to children and their families.
Family Gateway, for instance, focuses on eliminating childhood homelessness by providing housing for families with children. Project Transformation provides leadership opportunities for youth. And Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer is focused on finding a cure for cancer and providing support to young families. All of these causes are dear to Vaughn Miller of Dallas, who is the CEO and president of VCM Development Group.
The reason that Vaughn Miller of Dallas, TX, places so much importance on philanthropic efforts that help families is because family is an important part of his life. As the eldest surviving son of Dallas real estate legend Vance C. Miller, Vaughn Miller truly understands the critical role that a strong family plays in establishing and shaping a young life.
As a highly successful real estate professional, Vaughn Miller of Dallas understands that his success is largely due to his father’s inspiration and the mentorship that his father provided. “Seeing a family become more close-knit is really important to me. Whether it’s something like cancer or unemployment that causes stress on a family, I want to be able to help however possible,” says Vaughn Miller of Dallas.
Through the Prestonwood Polo Foundation, Vaughn Miller has been able to provide funds for children and family throughout not only Dallas, but also the greater Texas region. At the age of 51, Vaughn Miller of Dallas looks forward to giving back to the community for many years to come.
As the son of Dallas real estate legend Vance C. Miller, Vaughn Miller has developed a successful real estate career of his own throughout the city and the greater north Texas region. When he started in 1986, Vaughn Miller decided to join his father at Vance C. Miller Interests. This move would turn out to be one of the key moves that would seal Vaughn Miller’s position as an influential force in real estate. By deciding to work with his father at the beginning of his career, Vaughn Miller was able to view his father as not only his dad, but a professional mentor as well. By working alongside his father in the industry, Vaughn Miller was able to gain the insight that’s led him to widespread success today.
“If there’s one piece of advice I would give to young professionals today, it would be to find a mentor,” says Vaughn Miller of Dallas. Indeed, there are many benefits of having a mentor in your field. According to Vaughn Miller, some of the most prevalent benefits include:
- Support and motivation. Because the mentor has experienced the industry first-hand and knows what it takes to achieve success, they can provide support and motivation in ways that a college textbook can’t. Furthermore, they’re also a great source for networking opportunities, says Vaughn Miller of Dallas, Texas.
- Professional growth. By learning real estate industry secrets through his father, Vaughn Miller was about learn at a pace that was most beneficial for him. In other words, mentors can help you determine how quickly you can grow.
Industry secrets. The biggest key to finding a mentor is so that they can teach you what they’ve learned, says Vaughn Miller of Dallas. Practical industry secrets and pieces of practical wisdom aren’t something that is learned from the books. Instead, this is passed on from person to person
As the president and CEO of VCM Development Group, Vaughn Miller of Dallas, TX, understands the nuances of commercial real estate development. More than residential projects, commercial real estate has numerous factors to consider before construction can even begin. “When you’re dealing with commercial real estate, you’re not just dealing with construction; you’re also dealing with the economic engine of an entire community,” says Vaughn Miller of Dallas.
According to Vaughn Miller, commercial real estate considerations include:
- Zoning. Some zoning restrictions are very heavy and limit certain uses in the marketplace. For instance, there is a limited supply of General Industrial zoning, which increases the demand of this type of zone. The opposite is true, says Vaughn Miller. Too much zoning can have negative results.
- Title issues. Easements, covenants, and deed restrictions can all half a major commercial development project.
- Physical condition. The physical maintenance of the property must be considered before a renovation or construction project begins. According to Vaughn Miller of Dallas, understanding the physical condition of property is paramount to improving the bottom line ant the end of the day.
- Net operating income. Commercial real estate managers and developers such as Vaughn Miller must take into consideration the leases and revenue sources of these properties. In other words, what expenses are controllable? Does this leave room for improvement when you consider the expensive development costs?
- Financing. Factors like physical condition could negatively affect a property’s current value. Low valued properties are harder to get financed – even for renovation, says Vaughn Miller.
Regardless of the scope of the project, Vaughn Miller of Dallas understands that ultimately all commercial real estate considerations boil down to the profitability of the project for all parties involved. The developer, financer, and tenants all want to profit from the same thing, which makes each consideration important during this process
Vaughn Miller is the son of Dallas real estate legend Vance C. Miller. Being the son of such a mogul would be intimidating for many professionals, but for Vaughn Miller, it’s an inspiration to work harder than anyone else around him. As the president and CEO of VCM Development Group, Vaughn Miller is following in the footsteps of his father as a real estate leader in Dallas, TX. Vaughn Miller is successful in commercial real estate development and brokerage.
To live up to his father’s reputation, Vaughn Miller of Dallas learned from his father first hand. When he first entered the industry in 1986, Vaughn Miller joined his father at Vance C. Miller Interests. By working alongside his father, Vaughn Miller was able to learn industry insights, techniques, and wisdom that have really shaped the way he conducts business. These strategies make Vaughn Miller of Dallas a recognizable force as he develops retail and mix-used property throughout north Texas.
Throughout his early career, Vaughn Miller kept intertwining paths with his father. They worked together to establish a Vance C. Miller Development Group that would focus on single-tenant retail property development. By 1994, Vaughn Miller of Dallas and his father would merge with Newmarket Grunnah-Cole Worth, which at the time was the largest independent firm in Texas.
By working alongside his father, Vaughn Miller of Dallas was able to network with many of the key players throughout Dallas and the greater north Texas region. With over 27 years of real estate experience under his belt, Vaughn Miller of Dallas is an effective leader of VCM Development Group as he tried to live up to his father’s legacy. While Vaughn Miller and his father have different ways they conduct themselves and various aspects of their business, what Vaughn Miller wants to always maintain is that ethical sense of business, leadership, and authority.
Real estate mogul Vaughn Miller of Dallas, TX, has been highly involved in philanthropic efforts throughout his career. Both he and his wife are associated with many charities throughout Dallas and North Texas. “We both realized that we wanted to play a more direct, more hands-on role in charity,” says Vaughn Miller of Dallas, “so we decided to found the Prestonwood Polo Foundation.” The organization allows Vaughn Miller and his wife to raise money throughout yearlong polo events. The funds raised or donated to worthwhile charities selected by Vaughn Miller of Dallas and his wife.
These charities include Family Gateway, which focuses on ending childhood homeless and providing homes to young family that needs them. Another charity that Vaughn Miller of Dallas and his wife donate to is Project Transformation, which is a ministry focused on giving youth the opportunity to get involved in church as well as their local communities. Vaughn Miller and his wife have also donated to Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer.
Regardless of the organization, Vaughn Miller of Dallas notes the importance of giving back to the local community through charity. At the age of 51, Vaughn Miller is proud to be able to give back to the community and ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity for success and growth. Though he’s extremely busy with his responsibilities as president and CEO of VCM Development Group, Vaughn Miller of Dallas is able to balance his life by placing his priorities first.
“People often ask me how I have the time to do everything that I do,” says Vaughn Miller. “The secret is priority. It’s all about priority – and community service will always be a priority for me.” As he continues growing his career, Vaughn Miller of Dallas looks forward to future opportunities for service in the city and greater community.